About the Course
This course offers a comprehensive training, giving students the skills and confidence to teach yoga to children ages two and a half to twelve. The course is run in two sections. In the first section you will learn how to teach to ages 2 1/2 to 7 and in the second, to ages 8 to 12. Key yoga teaching skills will be re-enforced across both sections. The course combines the connection of livestream sessions via Zoom, with the convenience of self-paced learning via our online learning platform.
The livestream sessions will be held on five Saturday mornings, September 22nd, October 5th and 10th, November 10th and 17th. There will also be teaching practice sessions on a Wednesday evening, on October 2nd and 16th, November 6th and 20th.
Live sessions will include small group and pair work with lots of teaching practice to develop your skills. These sessions will be recorded. The pre-recorded material for each section will be released weekly and you will have 9 months access from the last live course date.
On the course you will learn:
- Social, emotional and cognitive development for each age group.
- Adapting asanas for each age group
- Language, teaching points, scripting and cues
- Breath awareness and simple pranayama
- Meditation, Mindfulness & Relaxation
- Class Planning & Structure
- Managing your Yoga classes
- How to set up your classes and approach schools
- AND MUCH MORE
This course is for you if you are a yoga teacher, trainee or a serious yogi with a minimum of 18 months of yoga practice.