About the Course
This course offers a comprehensive training, giving students the skills and confidence to teach yoga to children ages 2 12/ to 12. The course is run in two sections. In the first section you will learn how to teach to 2 1/2 to 7 and in the second, to ages 8 -12. Key yoga teaching skills will be re-enforced across both sections. The course combines the connection of livestream sessions via Zoom with the convenience of self-paced learning via our online learning platform.
The live stream sessions will be held on four Saturday mornings, on April 24th, May 1st, May 8th, and May 15th, from 9.30 to 1.30 GMT, and will include small group and pair work in the breakout rooms. These sessions will be recorded and available to watch later though won't include the breakout sessions. The pre-recorded material for each section will be released weekly and you will have 6 months to complete.
On the course you will learn:
- Social, emotional and cognitive development
- Adapting asanas for each age group
- Language, teaching points, scripting and cues
- Breath awareness and simple pranayama
- Meditation, Mindfulness & Relaxation
- Class Planning & Structure
- Managing your Yoga classes
- How to set up your classes and approach schools
- AND MUCH MORE
This course is for you if you have a minimum of two years yoga practice.